Why you need to be with RJV
Operating since 1955, RJV is among WA’s most established civil construction and mining contractors.
We are on a mission to offer industry-leading benefits across remuneration, training and development, and a host of other perks.
Competitive salary and wages
- Flexible salary sacrificing options including superannuation and tools
$2,000 sign on bonus
- Currently available to drainers
Portable long service leave
Company vehicle and fuel provided
for select operational roles
for plant operators
Smartphones and laptops/
- Provided for select site-based roles
Novated leasing packages with Toyota ‘Silver Fleet’ discounts
- An app providing discounts at hundreds of retailers
Employment referral program
- $2,000 bonus if you refer a successful candidate
- $1.50 per hour of work after probation
- Our values recognition program rewards employees with weekends away and cash bonuses
- Our recognition of service bonuses start at $1,000 for 10 years of service
Health & well-being
Family friendly / healthy work-life balance rosters
- Average 44 hour week with early Friday finish. Extra hours available including weekend work if desired.
Employee assistance program
- Free counselling service for employees and immediate family through a professional independent service
- Mental health support and training provided through Mates in Construction
Training and development
We offer the opportunity to be involved in some of Perth’s most high-profile civil projects. We have worked on the Subiaco Oval and PMH demolition and renewal, Port Coogee and a huge number of land development projects across Perth.
RJV and our employees have been the recipients of CCF awards over the years – a testament to the importance we place on professional development.
Training the next generation of plant operators and site supervisors is a critical component of our employee recruitment, development and retention strategy.
Through our partnership with Civil Train, we offer several traineeships in the following nationally recognised qualifications:
- Cert III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- Cert III in Civil Construction General
- Cert III in Civil Construction Pipelaying
- Cert IV in Civil Construction Supervision
16% of our employees are in certified training programs.
Positions are offered each year providing entry-level opportunities to graduate civil engineers with clear progression pathways to project management roles.
Drainers / Pipelayers
– Significant experience in installing sewerage, stormwater, water and gas reticulation infrastructure, including the excavation of trenches to facilitate the installations
– Experience in reading and interpreting plans and drawings to lay pipe to specifications
– Ability to liaise with supervisors daily to ensure work is completed timely and effectively
– Ensure the work is constructed correctly the first time in line with the technical requirements
– Full commitment to upholding safe work practices
A construction induction card (white or blue)
– Valid WA manual driver’s licence
– The ability to pass a full pre employment medical
– RII operating ticket(s) (essential)
– Construction induction card
– COVID-19 vaccination up to date
– Highly competent in a civil bulk earthworks and land development environment
– Capable of working around underground and live services
– Recent GPS experience (highly regarded)
– Previous experience in aspects of civil subdivision
– HR driver’s licence (preferred)
– Complete a pre-employment physical assessment and drug test
– Minimum 3 years’ civil construction supervisory experience
– Demonstrated skills in HSE and Quality control
– Strong management skills and the ability to build successful teams
– Experience in above ground earthworks and underground utility installation
– Good communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and manage time efficiently
– Construction induction card
– Qualifications in civil engineering or a closely related discipline
– Valid WA driver’s licence
– Up to date Covid-19 vaccination status
– Proficiency with engineering processes, testing and documentation
– Experience in liaising with sub-contractors & clients
– The ability to work quickly, effectively and positively in a demanding environment
– Well-developed organisational skills
– Have experience maintaining drawings, document registers etc.
– Have experience compiling ITP’s, checking compaction records and collating QA information
– 3+ years OSH experience in civil infrastructure construction in the metro area
– Experience in residential land development preferred but not essential
– White card
– Minimum Cert IV OSH
– Manual Driver’s Licence
– First aid certificate
We also welcome expressions of interest for other roles that become available from time to time.
– HV and LV mechanics
– Apprentices (mechanical)
Landing Page Form
"*" indicates required fields