From the D7 to the D10: RJV’s 67 year history with the Cat dozer
A Caterpillar D7 dozer was the very first item of earthmoving machinery our founder Ron Vincent purchased when he established RJV back in 1955. 67 years and 30 dozers on, it continues to hold a particularly special place here at RJV.
Over our long history we have maintained a reputation for possessing a strong dozer capability. Today, we hold one of the largest D10 dozer fleets – 18 and counting – in the Perth metro area.
Last week we welcomed another exciting addition – a brand new Caterpillar D10T-2 dozer. This highly capable machine has been mobilised to our project in the Pilbara where it will be performing large scale earthworks for our gold mining client.
- Operating weight 70,171kg
- Power @ engine flywheel 500Kw
- Excellent operator comfort
- Improved technology and Innovation
This new machine has also undergone several additional enhancements to improve safety and durability:
- Quick change oil service station
- Fire suppression system
- Auto lube
- Ground level refuel station
- GPS machine control system
- Additional wear package to the blade and the ripper areas
Like all heavy plant, the dozer has come a long way over the decades. Check out our video comparing our original D7 with the new D10!