City to Surf 2023
Join the 2023 City to Surf
Join the RJV team in the 2023 City to Surf taking place on Sunday 27th of August.
This is WA’s largest and most iconic community event where you can run or walk either 4km (start time 8am at McLean Park, Floreat) or 12km (start time 8:40am) from Perth City to City Beach.
As part of Team RJV you’ll get:
- Your cost of entry fully covered
- The cost of entry for one friend, family member or partner 100% covered
- A free Team RJV shirt to wear that you and your guest can keep!
- Complimentary post-race refreshments for you and your guest to enjoy (details to be confirmed)
This will be an awesome day out while raising funds for the thousands of people living with disabilities here in WA.
If you’re interested in participating, and helping us raise funds for Activ, email email@example.com with your preference for the 4km or 12km, the full name of you and your guest (if applicable), as well as your shirt size(s) and any dietary requirements.
Entries close on Wednesday, July 26
City to Surf tips and tricks
- Stay hydrated! Make sure you hydrate well prior to the event and during the event by making the most of the drink stations
- Wear the same clothes you trained in (this helps prevent chafing and blisters)
- Run at your own pace. Use your energy carefully and try not to get caught up in the initial surge
- Pack some energy gels. Energy gels can be a great way to restore your energy on the go
- Count the kms down and not up, focus on how far you’ve come instead of how far you’ve got left
- Prepare for your cross over the finish line by bringing a set of warm clothes and plenty of fluids to rehydrate with (coconut water is great for rehydration!)
- Smile and stand tall coming over the finish line for your photo
- Most importantly, enjoy the event!