Capricorn Village Estate
Bulk Earthworks – Retaining Walls
Underground Services – Roadworks
Capricorn JV appointed RJV to undertake civil works for this major urban development project at Yanchep, 60km north of Perth, in mid 2005. Work commenced in August of that year.
The development site is between Yanchep National Park and the coast.
Overall Capricorn Structure Plan Highlights
The entire Yanchep and Two Rocks landholding of over 5,500 hectares is being developed in accordance with the Yanchep and Two Rocks District Structure Plan, which calls for:
- Eventual population 8000 residents
- Project construction period (estimated): 2005-2015
- Total land and housing construction cost: $750 million
- Residential lots: 2700 approx
- Construction of Bethanie Beachside village incorporating a 160-bed nursing home
- Creation of Village Centre including commercial and retail facilities
- Establish two primary schools
- Establish one high school
- Create a hotel/resort
- Set aside approx 17ha of public open space
Difficulties were encountered with extremely hard rock under the coastal dunes. Through RJV’s extensive experience working with such conditions, these challenges were overcome and the project was delivered on time. Other key issues for the project included management of dust and windborne particles, exacerbated by strong winds in this coastal location.
RJV also constructed the extension of Marmion Avenue from Brighton, Butler to Yanchep in 2007-2008 to provide improved access to Capricorn Estate along WA’s coastal strip.